TCU Invests in Scholarship (TCU IS)
TCU IS is an internal grant program to stimulate research or creative activities that represent identified opportunities for significant external funding and recognition. Currently, grants may be funded up to $25,000.
Grants are awarded for proposals primarily to accomplish at least one of the following:
- Move current projects to competitive proposals for significant external funding.
1. Must have submitted proposals(s) recently.
2. Proposal must provide prior critique(s) and within the TCU IS application, address deficiencies mentioned in critiques of major (greater than $100,000) proposals.
- Promote competitive interdisciplinary proposals.
1. At least 50% of proposal Principal Investigators must have proven records of scholarship.
2. Must include specific target of opportunity for external funding.
- Promote pure research and creative work.
1. Must include significant opportunity to build institutional reputation.
2. May include significant student opportunity at undergraduate or graduate level.
All those who hold a full-time faculty appointment, tenure, tenure-track or instructor, at TCU are eligible Principal Investigators (PIs). Lecturers, and visiting or adjunct faculty are not eligible. PIs from outside TCU are not eligible.
A Letter of Intent which provides your contact information and a short description of the project you intend to submit to this program are due by February 28,2020.
The deadline date for full proposals with a June 1, 2020 start date is Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 5pm.
Awards will be made for 12 month periods. Funds must be utilized by the date given in the award letter. Awards will be issued with partial funding on June 1, 2020. PI(s) must commit to giving a status report and presentation at the mid-point (6 month) and end (12 month) of the funding period. Full funding will be made available contingent upon satisfactory progress as presented at the mid-point (6 month) presentation.