BIG XII FACULTY FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
Texas Christian University is participating in a program to stimulate scholarly initiatives among the member institutions of the Big XII Athletic Conference. The Big XII Faculty Fellowship Program offers faculty the opportunity to travel to member institutions to exchange ideas and research. Faculty visits will ordinarily be for two weeks, but longer visits are possible. The Fellowship Program has the following guidelines:
- TCU faculty member may apply to visit any current Big XII University. A few former Big XII universities may also qualify. *
- The faculty member contacts a host unit (department, research center, etc.) that the individual wishes to visit and determines the unit’s receptivity and available dates.
- The host unit formally invites the faculty fellow by sending a letter of invitation.
- The TCU faculty member submits application materials as outlined below.
- The faculty member’s home institution provides up to $2,500 toward transportation, room, and board.
• NOTE: Reimbursement for travel, lodging and meal expenses must follow TCU travel policies and procedure
- Up to five fellowships will be available per fiscal year from TCU to be applied during either the fall, spring, or summer semesters.
- After the visit, the faculty fellow will submit a brief report to the Associate Provost for Research, dean of their college/school and department chair describing outcomes of the visit.
- Faculty members will be responsible for arranging coverage of their duties during their absence, which their Chair and Dean must approve.
- The host unit will announce that the visitor is coming and the activities in which the person will engage.
- The visiting faculty member may engage in collaborative research, consult with faculty and/or students, offer lectures or symposia, or engage in whatever activities are agreeable to the visitor and host institution.
Applications should be submitted to the Chair and Dean of the faculty member’s academic unit for approval prior to submission to the Office of Sponsored Programs. Please complete the application form and provide the following information:
🗸 A current curriculum vitae
🗸 Detailed budget (transportation, meals, lodging)
🗸 Statement of how your duties will be covered in your absence
🗸 Brief (one-page) description of the purpose and activities of your visit and how the activities will complement your current or proposed area of teaching or research
🗸 Letter of invitation from host unit
🗸 Statement of support from your department chair and/or dean detailing specifically how coverage of fellow’s instructional duties will be handled and the potential benefits of the experience for both the faculty member and the unit
🗸 Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
*Baylor University, Iowa State University, Kansas State University, Oklahoma State University, Texas Christian University, University of Oklahoma, Texas Tech University, University of Kansas, West Virginia University, University of Texas, and former members which include University of Nebraska, University of Colorado, Texas A&M University, and University of MissouriDownload Application Form