R2 Strong Proposal Development Program
The TCU Office of Sponsored Programs is pleased to announce our new R2 Strong Proposal Development Program. This program is designed to support all full-time tenure/tenure-track faculty in the development and submission of a proposal for competitive extramural funding with a budget greater than $150,000 annually, or greater, in direct costs.
All full-time tenure/tenure-track faculty are eligible to participate in this program. The R2 Strong proposal development program may support a course buyout during the fall or spring semester to allow adequate time for proposal preparation. Faculty awarded a course-buyout to participate in the program are prohibited from accepting an additional course assignment, paid or not.
Faculty enrolled in the R2 Strong proposal development program will
- Learn about the grants and funding process and TCU research policies and procedures
- Develop successful grant and proposal writing skills
- Receive assistance with pre-review of developed proposal by utilizing internal and / or external reviewers if all benchmarks and deadlines are met to allow for review(s).
- Learn about the research regulatory requirements and TCU polices surrounding research compliance
- Submit a completed proposal to an external funding agency
Participants in the program must
- Have already identified an external funding opportunity for submission
- Obtain the approval of their Chair and Dean
- Demonstrate, in light of current course load, that a course buyout is needed to allow adequate time to compose and submit completed proposal.
- Commit to seven months of approximately four hours per month of cohort and / or individual one on one meeting / mentoring time
- Commit to submitting the completed proposal to the external sponsor within 12 months of program initiation.
- Schedule sufficient time to develop research project goals / specific aims and develop a cohesive proposal for submission to external sponsor(s)
- Undergo appropriate research compliance training including research ethics
For additional questions about the program, contact Sponsored Programs SponsoredPrograms@tcu.edu